Friday, January 23, 2009

Watching..

The best part of waking up...
Isn't Foldgers in your cup..
:]
It's watching Lando sleep.

He just looks so peaceful and almost grown up.
He doesn't look like I thought a newborn would when he sleeps.
He lays on his side with one hand under his head, one hand in front of his mouth, and legs curled up.
He wakes me up at about 7am, eats, then very quickly falls back asleep...as do I.
But I usually wake up before he does again and I lay there until he does and just watch him sleep.
Sometimes he'll grunt and stretch out and I have to stiffle a giggle because it's so adorable.

And him waking up, is even better.
It takes him a good 15 - 20 minutes to fully wake up.
He streeeeeeeetches and makes the cutest faces.
He coos and grunts.
It's like, the hardest thing in the world for him is to wake up.
He'll open his eyes, only to quickly shut them again, like he's saying in his mind 'Do I want to wake up? Yes... No..'
The only thing he has to worry about in life, is when he wants to finally wake up. :]
I wish our worries were the same!


So after he finally keeps his eyes open, he and daddy have fun cuddling and making faces in bed.
I love our mornings together.

We went to the grocery store today, for the first time with Landon.
He slept the entire time, and is still sleeping now (infact he's deciding whether to wake up or not :] )
He's the only baby I've ever seen sleep through an entire shopping trip.
Usually they start screaming the second you have something in your cart, they want to eat, or need their diaper changed, or just feel like crying.
I mean, not all babies, by any means, but most that I've seen.
I love how easy Landon is to take care of.
He makes being a mommy a true joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment